Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


Summer is gearing down around here but Wilson (my annoying 7 month old black lab "brother") is just getting started. Mom keeps telling me "he has a lot to learn" and boy does he!

Mom put him in "time out" for chewing one of my mom's lab books up -that was stupid Wilson.

**Responsible dog owner tip - Crates are a GOOD thing. Dogs view these are their safe place and keeps us out of trouble when our humans are busy with work and tempting things are near and humans can't watch us.



No, this isn't snow in September. Mom got tired of seeing yellow fur flying around in the house and brushed my hair. Sophie and Belle thought it was hilarious (doesn't take much to amuse those two California girls LOL).


This is me afterwards sitting in my "throne" Dad's $1500 leather chair. Don't I look handsome! Mom is just happy to see me sitting here as one month ago I couldn't even hardly lift myself without help.



Hope you all have a great day. It's time for my nap and I will dream about "big water" and all kinds of fun stuff.

Chao!
Henry Veatch

9 comments:

Asta said...

You look supew in that chaiw..I think it should be pawmenently youws!
glad you'we bette!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Unknown said...

There is something about big leather furniture and dogs that makes for a very handsome picture! That's a pretty funny picture of the book ... it is the perfect illustration of "101" uses for a lab ... hahahahahahaha ... very ironic!

Patience-please said...

Yeah, we kind of took over the leather couch. Oh I bet it feels good to get all that hair out! We thought you had unstuffed a stuffie!

wags from the whippets

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hey buddy,

welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :)

love

opy

Thor and Jack said...

Nice to meet you, Henry!
You look great in that throne.
Cool blog!

Love and licks
Thor

Amber-Mae said...

Hey there Henry! So nice to meet cha & welcome to DWB!!! Oooh, it's sooo nice to meet another dog online who enjoys the same sport that I do too. Today, I had my Agility class & I did very well! I'm not exactly a pro yet but I get my weave entrances well. I don't run as fast as you Labs do like my friend Nancy at my class but I usually get to finish the whole course nicely. Usually knock down a few bars, sometimes just walk when I'm too exhausted. Yup, that's me but I do enjoy this sport. Not as much as Flyball & Canine Musical Freestyle tho...But anyway, let's be friends! Btw, good job with that book. Heehee!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof, Henry

That is one pawsome chair. Norman took one look at that started barking to Mom that we needed to get one just like it. Of course she said no because Norman has his own leather chair. (If you ever visit us, check out the One Happy Dog post, you'll see Norman in his leather chair) Anyway, nice to meet you pups.

Woof, woof,
Desert Pups

The Hadfields said...

Oh no... Wilson must have gotten in big trouble!! How ironic that it was a book about labs. ha! Cute post!

MoshiAndKibo said...

Greetings from Dallas!

Great pictures! One of our best friends is a yellow lab named Mattie.
Two paws up for the blog!

Moshi and Kibo